Dne Ne 10. února 2013 19:47:58, Patrick Lauer napsal(a):
> On 02/10/2013 05:01 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > # Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> (10 Feb 2013)
> > # Fails with gcc-4.7, crashes (#301946, #312073), problems with
> > # boost (#319921), problems with python-2.7 (#338826), really old
> > # version in the tree, people should move to sci overlay one (#424659).
> > # Removal in a month.
> > sci-visualization/paraview
>
> So instead of moving things from random overlays to the tree we remove
> packages now, remove features from other packages because of that
> (openfoam) and then ... tell users to use an overlay?

Agreed this is pretty bad idea. The teams should actually have their top
priority to include user contributions to main tree as much as possible. If
the team does not have time to maintain the named package, just add some
contributors as maintainers and do proxy-commits for them...

The greatest problem at least from my PoV is that we can't just simply git am
loads of stuff users are contributing and must convert to cvs (thats actually
what takes me most of the time).

Having nice mailinglist where users can contribute simple patches would be
briliant thing to use :-)

Cheers

Tom