On 15/02/2013 02:18, Rich Freeman wrote:
> Ah, I always thought of overlays as places where apps tend to reside,
> but of course you could have glibc in there for all we know...  Good
> point...

Welcome to the life of your average Gentoo ebuild maintainer.

> I'd think that this would be less of an issue for something like
> sunset, but perhaps this is something the maintainers should keep in
> mind.

What I'm afraid of is automagic dependencies, especially for obsolete
libraries that are basically dead. Yes it's still a valid bug, but it's
also a waste of time to debug for the most part.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/