On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:37:38 +0000
"Robin H. Johnson" <robb...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Ideally keeping your primary key offline to increase security.
>
> However, the original theory was that if there was some attack that
> required a large amount of ciphertext or a targeted plaintext input,
> you would be limiting the ciphertext to only gentoo-specific content,
> and could trivially rotate the subkey without any impact on your
> primary key.

I totally agree with the idea of having a separate subkey for signing
purposes, but look at my key, for example: I already have a separate
subkey for signing, the primary key is only used for certifications
(and is actually kept offline ;). If I was a Gentoo dev, it wouldn't
seem that logical to have to create yet another signing subkey.

Therefore, I'd propose to remove the "Gentoo" part from "Dedicated
Gentoo signing subkey".

Luis