On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:32:30PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> > As to how to accomplish this, it's either a throwaway sig, or poking the
> > agent protocol directly.
> The only trouble with that is if the agent is configured to only unlock
> keys for limited periods of time, then your initial check might catch
> the agent when the key is still unlocked, but your subsequent call to
> GPG comes after the timeout. I ran into this while trying to set up
> automated signing of debian packages I was building.
So Debian has a test-gpg function already? Do you know where in their
codebase it is?

> All it really means, in a practical procedural sense, is that you need
> to allow yourself a way to roll back anything you've been doing if that
> later check fails.
I think we'd do:
- All repoman checks
- initial file editing
if two-phase commit:
- test gpg
- commit1
- gpg sign
- commit2
if one-phase commit:
- gpg test
- gpg sign
- commit1

Unless commit1 took a really long time, the interval between the gpg
calls should be very small.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org