On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:33:36PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> > So Debian has a test-gpg function already? Do you know where in their
> > codebase it is?
> No idea; a build system I'd cobbled together at the time prodded
> gpg-agent to get an interactive auth. The build-and-package step took
> too long, leading to the timeout. And I apologize; I don't remember
> exactly what I was doing to prod gpg-agent, and since it was for a prior
> job, I did not retain any copies of any of the materials.
Aww, thanks anyway.

> If you're not applying to a DVCS, then you risk interleaving commit1 and
> commit2 with others' work anyway.
two-phase commit is only where the files in the Manifest will change
after they are committed.

commit1 = files + Manifest
commit2 = files w/ changed keywords + Manifest

This is how our existing CVS commits work already.

If you don't have keywords, or you use thin-Manifest, you only ever need
one-phase commit.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org