On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:49:18PM +0800, Ben de Groot wrote

> And I believe the council has only spoken out against using a useflag
> for installing such files. Afaik they haven't spoken out against a
> systemd-units package. Please refer me to their decision if I'm wrong.

  Wouldn't the "systemd" USE flag be the appropriate one to key on?
The description in /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc says...

systemd - Enable use of systemd-specific libraries and features like
socket activation or session tracking

Surely, units files qualify as "systemd-specific features".

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>