On Thu, 23 May 2013 05:30:25 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:

> That's the point.  It *IS* possible to use INSTALL_MASK sanely,
> without something breaking.

Nobody said it isn't, I agree hacks can be used without breaking
things; the point is that that doesn't make it a good idea in general.

> Applying your exact phrasing to the topic at hand: "If you really
> think[1] you can't use INSTALL_MASK without something breaking, you
> should carefully consider who is doing the screwing up."

If you really think[1] you need INSTALL_MASK for a few small files when
there are much larger consumers around, you should carefully consider
whether what you are doing is the right thing. ("OMG systemd units!")

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D