On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:27:12 +0200
hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 06/16/2013 07:21 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > El dom, 16-06-2013 a las 10:09 -0700, Brian Dolbec escribió:
> > [...]
> >> Thank you for considering helping.  I have stayed away form the
> >> intricate details of package management in the past, but I also do
> >> not like how long portage is taking now for dep calculations.
> >
> > And, cannot that efforts be put in enhancing portage instead?
> >

> How many forks do we got now?

How much longer are we going to hold on to something that suffers from
feature creep and is based on a design invented years ago that doesn't
take into account the new features (eg. subslots) that are added today?

See my reply to Pacho for more insight why we can't enhance Portage.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D