Alex Xu wrote:
> > Maybe it would make sense to automatically stabilize every v-s kernel
> > right away?
>
> As has been stated, this implies that Gentoo QA has tested the packages
> and found them to be reasonably safe for use.
..
> Although stable kernels *have* been tested by many people before use,
> Gentoo QA has *not* (officially) tested them, at least not on every
> architecture.

I don't think that matters.

> On a technical level, it's not that hard to put
> "sys-kernel/vanilla-sources" in your package.accept_keywords.

But why should Gentoo users have to do that in order to use v-s?

If it is intentional to push g-s onto users then it makes good sense -
but if I were the sys-kernel team I wouldn't bother with g-s at all
and just make v-s as easily available to users as possible..

//Peter