On 08/07/2013 11:04 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 10:46:04 schrieb Kacper Kowalik:
>>>>

>>> Jer,
>>>
>>> please stop making whitespace noise on bugs that you have absolutely no
>>> relation to. It just causes unnecessary bugmail. If maintainers care they
>>> will change it themselves.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andreas
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Not so hypothetical situation: someone files a bug: "Fancy KDE mail
>> program fails with my gcc", you fix it and live happily ever after.
>> How on earth am I supposed to find it when porting/stabilizing newer
>> version of gcc?
>> I expect (as many others) something similar to "=kde-base/kmail-4.8.10
>> fails to build with gcc-4.8"
>>
>> I deeply respect the work of people who fix bugzilla subjects to conform
>> to "atom: issue" format. It saves me a great deal of time.
>
> That's fine, bug wranglers are doing a great job there.
>
> However, I'm also sick of getting bugmail because $RANDOM_DEV thinks
> * TRACKER is better than Tracker,

This is pointless, indeed

> * every atom needs a "=" in front, and
> * "Please stabilize XXX" should always be replaced by "XXX stabilization".

Those two are actually useful. There are many scripts used by ATs that
parse title field. One could argue: "Fix your damn scripts" but in the
end it's your "bugspam" vs predicting all possible ways someone could
express an atom.

I seriously doubt that people are changing bug reports cause they break
their sense of aesthetics (/me waves to all OCDs out there). Most of the
changes have some underlying technical reason. Even if it's whitespace,
'=' or ordering.
Cheers,
Kacper