Dnia 2013-11-06, o godz. 18:14:57
Dirkjan Ochtman <d...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Please review the following news item. I would prefer committing it
> > as soon as I get an ACK from all the relevant parties since the issue
> > is hitting users pretty hard.
>
> LGTM.
>
> I have two questions that should not block this news item from going live:
>
> - I tend to upgrade with emerge -uavD --changed-use world, and this
> didn't solve the blocker for me by itself. I had to emerge -C
> python-exec, then run the upgrade to get it to work. Yet the news item
> seems to state that -uD should have been enough.

Well, I have no idea why this happens for some people. Unless you were
playing with keywords, it simply should work.

> - How come we did not think this news item was necessary before we did
> the package move? Obviously everything would have been better had this
> news item gone out with the package move, instead of one week later.

I think we focused on my little testing that showed that portage can
handle blockers with '-uD' and assumed users will be able to understand
the blocker message.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny