On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 04:12:47PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> Please review the following news item. I would prefer committing it
> as soon as I get an ACK from all the relevant parties since the issue
> is hitting users pretty hard.

I don't know why nobody looked at a better automatic solution for the
python-exec issue, but since it's still biting me on systems, and the
manual solution is annoying, I found a working automatic solution.

Add this line to the dev-lang/python-exec ebuilds:
PDEPEND=">=dev-python/python-exec-10000:$SLOT"

I wrote up the full research of it here:
http://robbat2.livejournal.com/240335.html

If there are no objections, I'd like to do this to the affected ebuilds
in a few hours.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org