On 06/13/2014 14:41, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> On 06/13/2014 14:08, Greg Turner wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>> add the strip-flags statement to the ebuild and be done
>>> with it
>>
>> To do it "greenly" we'd obviously want to know the precise surface
>> area of the problem and then to correctly express those circumstances
>> in eblit code that could stand up to the test of time.  Anyone know
>> what exactly /is/ the surface area of the problem?  Already the eblit
>> filters the flag iff ( gcc-specs-ssp && test-flags-CC
>> -fno-stack-protector )
>
> I just found this on our forums, too.  Kinda odd that a change of -march
> args to gcc would apparently correct the same problem.  I don't have a
> non-hardened system available that can test this, though.

::headdesk:: Forgot to include the link:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-861624-view-next.html

Some googling suggests that the __libc_multiple_libcs multiple definition
error is triggered by a variety of things.  Kinda like when glibc fails
midway through the sunrpc folder.  There's a GCC-4.7 regression that fixed
one in gcc bug #51117.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic