On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:31:16PM -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
> May I suggest an alternative? We could implement sys-virtual/posix and
> make it depend on all packages that are not necessary for @system, but
> are necessary for proper POSIX compliance. Then we can tell users who
> need/want an environment containing all tools specified by POSIX, such
> as those not using sys-kernel/*-sources, to `emerge virtual/posix`.
I like this idea, for a virtual/posix; would let us trim a lot of other
things from some environments.

In a similar vein, would releng be open to moving stage1/2/3 package
sets to virtual packages or package sets? Presently they are inside
catalyst, and I think this would clean things up a lot.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead