On 11/13/2014 04:27 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
>>> * C++ compiler and runtime
>>
>> Isn't it possible to disable C++ in GCC with USE="-cxx"?
>
> It is, but I think if that's disabled you're on your own. :-)

I keep hearing this sentence, but it still doesn't make much sense to
me. Invalid configurations should be reported as invalid to the user.

Since I run my own server with USE="-* foo bar" I have come across a lot
of "expect users to not disable it, but don't actually disallow it or
even warn them".

I've seen a lot of compiler checks in ebuilds in pkg_pretend that look
quite similar. Maybe it's time to enhance toolchain-funcs?