Mike Gilbert wrote:
>> There are people that don't want c++ and gcc:4.7 can still bootstrap
>> without.
>>

> Those people "know what they are doing" and could un-force the use
> flag. That would prevent people from accidentally disabling it via
> USE="-*".

Are we talking about forcing +cxx globally or for gcc (+toolchain)?

Has this been a major problem in the past? Shouldn't people who set
USE="-*" also "know what they are doing"?

> I'm not normally one to prevent people from shooting themselves, but
> in this case the safety would be simple to toggle.

What if there was some other reason someone had to set a +cxx for some
package in package.use.force, and I'm missing out that reason with my
-cxx in profiles/package.use.force that I need to circumvent your
safety-measure?