On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:38:44 +0100 Pacho Ramos wrote:
> # Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> (01 Dec 2014)
> # Dead for ages and with pending unresolved bugs.
> # Removal in a month (#514918).
> net-wireless/wimax
> net-wireless/wimax-tools

I'm not sure this is a good idea. While WiMax is getting replaced
by LTE and upstream is definitely dead, there is no other
alternative for Intel WiMax chips users. At least a year ago or so
it worked fine, though right now I don't have a hardware to test.

I run through linked bug list: most of them are QA and minor
security issues, some bugs have patches. Long story short: it is
better to let users to have imperfect package than left them on
their own with their hardware. You may mask these packages for
good, but removal is a too severe action IMHO.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko