Dnia 2015-02-03, o godz. 01:22:27
Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> napisał(a):

> > 2. There is some more work to get ebuilds correct (REQUIRED_USE).
> > However, this is a minor issue compared to the potential mistakes in
> > interpretation of USE='ffmpeg' and USE='libav'.
>
> ffmpeg-chooser.eclass ??
>
> Seriously, this sounds like a lot of boilerplate that's ultimately headed
> for a lot of ebuilds.  Implement it ONCE in an eclass and have a simple
> inherit that's easy to do and standardizes all the messages, required_use
> conditions, etc.

Well, there's a number of reasons why we can't go with any simple
eclass:

1. packages have different dependencies on ffmpeg/libav, often multiple
depending on own USE flags. So we need to somehow output 4 different
USE-conditional deps.

2. And 4 different REQUIRED_USE blocks.

3. Packages need to require specific versions of libav and ffmpeg,
and since both packages have different feature implementation rates
there's no way to solve this with single version numbers. So we need to
pass both versions to the eclass.

4. Same goes for USE flags.

In the end, the eclass would be terribly complex and the ebuild may end
up bigger than without it.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny