Rich Freeman:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 3:12 PM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> You are making it sound like there is some huge work to be done. There
>> isn't. And no one has to step up to change the current situation, except
>> the council.
>

> If you feel so strongly about it, then join the games team and get rid
> of the eclass.  Or, if you feel the council should run differently,
> then by all means feel free to run for it.

The council has (at least implicitly) stated that people may stop using
common eclasses that standardize stuff in gentoo if they don't like them
(that includes python, ruby, perl... eclasses as well, FYI).
Maybe I should start dropping python-r1 and multilib eclasses from my
ebuilds and do my own thing that may or may not work with the current
standards that are enforced through these eclasses?

And now you are telling me that in order to fix that wrong sentiment, I
have to join a team??

How is any of that related?

> It seems to me that nobody really cares much about this issue besides
> you, and if you don't care enough to do anything about it, why should
> anybody else?

You are again mixing facts and topics that don't belong together and are
repeatedly pointing to GLEP39 in order to not be responsible.
This is not about "I like this or that eclass". This is about making
DECISIONS and enforcing CONSISTENCY.

That's your job in cooperation with the QA team and the relevant
projects. Not mine.