On 26 May 2015 09:59, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> I maintain a game (games-strategy/freeotion) aside from the games herd.
>  When users report bugs, they choose the "Games" component and then bugs
> get auto-assigned to the games alias.  This is also the recommended
> procedure:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=Project:Games
>
> Given our games maintenance rules this seems wrong.  Shouldn't games
> bugs be wrangled based on metadata like other bugs?
>
> I understand that changing this behaviour would create a lot of useless
> bugwrangling work... so maybe there is a different solution?

not really games specific -- this applies to every component that has a default
assignee.  unless/until we can make bugzilla aware of specific packages that
the
user could select/enter so bugzilla could pull owner info out of metadata.xml
directly, i think the status quo is the least crappy.

relevant: http://bugs.gentoo.org/550158
-mike