11.08.2015 16:30, Michael Palimaka пишет:

> Don't forget that as a project with no special authority, Qt's policy
> remains a suggestion for the vast majority of maintainers. If someone
> wishes to provide support for only one Qt version or abuse their users
> with REQUIRED_USE they are still free to do so.

Not enforcing policies on main tree is a bad thing. If you make policy,
make other maintainers follow it. I am not against consistent policy
that ease life BOTH for developers and users.

You think that REQUIRED_USE is abusive to users: fine. Point accepted.
I think that provided DEPEND strings if they will be typed at every
single qt-related ebuild that needs them are abusive to developers.

So, maybe we should wrap them into eclass and stop riding our own
bicycles...

And then - use apropriate one-liner where it's needed, providing
reasonable default and NOT confusing users with overmanaging their
package.use

--
Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer