On Tue, 2015-08-11 at 10:55 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
> On 08/11/2015 10:48 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > > If you use the profile-bashrcs profile-formats setting [1], then your
> > > profiles can use package.bashrc to define post_src_install and/or
> > > INSTALL_MASK to remove unwanted config files from upstream packages.
> > > Then you can easily replace the upstream config files with config files
> > > installed by your own configurations installed by your own ebuilds.
> >
> > Finally getting back to this after lots of distractions.
> > I cannot get profile-formats  = profile-bashrcs to work.
> > I have in metadata/layout.conf:
> >   masters = gentoo
> >   profile-formats = portage-2 profile-bashrcs
> > then in profiles/tmv3-target-overlay/profile.bashrc:
> >   INSTALL_MASK=xxxx
> > Doing portageq envvar INSTALL_MASK just yields an empty line
> > I guess I am missing something here?
> >

> See the "man portage" for profile-bashrcs details. It uses
> package.bashrc rather than profile.bashrc, so that explains why it's not
> working for you.

hmm, I figured I could use profile.bashrc to set stuff for all pkgs?
In any case I tried package.bashrc but portageq envvar INSTALL_MASK does not
print
anything either. It occurred to me that portageq envvar is not the right tool
see
variable defined in bash scripts? Is there some other tools I can use?

 Jocke