Hey Ulrich,

I may be a bit late to the discussion, and perhaps I should really just be
reviewing mailing list posts from years past, but...

What's the story of eapply? Why does this need to go into the PMS, and not
continue to be supplied by epatch from the eclass? What is gained from
moving it to PMS, and why is it more semantically correct to have it there?
Just curious about this.

The other question is more critical -- could you merge eapply and
eapply_user? Or add some hook to PMS so that eapply_user isn't needed? IOW,
it'd be nice if every package was, by default, patchable by the user.

Regards,
Jason