On 10/28/15 7:30 AM, hasufell wrote:
On 10/28/2015 12:23 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
A properly designed sub-USE flag would be useful here and clearly better
than our REQUIRED_USE.  I think REQUIRED_USE is fine for heterogeneous
cases, but not when you have something like curl where you can either
turn ssl on or off.  If it is off, nothing more needs to be specified,
if it is on, then you must further specify one and exactly one ssl
provider.

Uhm, curl makes use of REQUIRED_USE heavily, otherwise the use_expand
would not work:
REQUIRED_USE="
        curl_ssl_winssl? ( elibc_Winnt )
        threads? ( !adns )
        ssl? (
                ^^ (
                        curl_ssl_axtls
                        curl_ssl_gnutls
                        curl_ssl_libressl
                        curl_ssl_openssl
                        curl_ssl_nss
                        curl_ssl_polarssl
                        curl_ssl_winssl
                )
        )"
With the providers syntax from exherbo, this monster would basically be
gone.

Yes, we're in agreement. I'm saying I'm *trying* to do what exherbo does the best I can but really dont like REQUIRED_USE for this.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]