On 04/04/16 05:06, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> If you normally use KDM to launch Plasma, note that it is no longer
>> supported.
>> Upstream recommends x11-misc/sddm instead which is pulled in by
>> plasma-meta by
>> default. To switch, edit /etc/conf.d/xdm and update DISPLAYMANAGER.
>>

> Didn't we previously recommend using lightdm?  I'm sure migrating is
> trivial but perhaps some kind of note about this might be useful?  I
> suspect that the instructions for migrating from lightdm->sddm are the
> same as kdm->sddm.

The default in KDE 4 was KDM, with lightdm and sddm also supported.

We included information about migrating away from KDM because it's no
longer developed or supported and in some cases fails to work with
Plasma 5 at all.

lightdm continues to work fine with Plasma 5 so there's no special need
to replace it.