On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Does anyone still use the CVS $Id$ keywords that are in all ebuilds'
> headers, or are they being expanded anywhere? Or is there any other
> reason why they should be kept?
>
> In fact, the council had already voted to drop them in its 20141014
> meeting:
>
>    Can we drop CVS headers post-migration?
>    Aye: blueness, creffett (proxy for ulm), dberkholz, dilfridge,
>    radhermit, rich0, williamh

Please get a fix for repoman lined up before dropping the line from ebuilds.

floppym@naomi systemd % head -n 4 systemd-9999.ebuild
# Copyright 1999-2016 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

EAPI=6
floppym@naomi systemd % repoman full

RepoMan scours the neighborhood...
 ebuild.badheader              1
  sys-apps/systemd/systemd-9999.ebuild: Malformed Id header on line: 3