On 06/16/2016 02:51 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:

On 16/06/16 09:39, Daniel Campbell wrote:
I guess what I mean is these outside developers could continue
hacking and/or breaking things, or whatever else, without worrying
about their "official" branch. We could have a standard that
assumes Gentoo pulls their 'master' branch and they keep other
stuff in 'dev', or some other model. We'll need to decide on *some*
branch, but putting it in writing would make things clearer for
prospective repo maintainers.

OK, then I think that it would be a good idea to have a gentoo-ci
branch, or similar, if the assumption is merely that this is where
Gentoo developers will look when evaluating your repository.

Ok, if we go this route, here is a basic simple question. Why can't the
"gentoo-ci" be a package, or group of packages that runs in a private
persons own resources, regardless it is a single gentoo server or a small cluster (openstack)? That way, those gentoo-ciruns can be performed by the proxy or the author thus reducing the workload for QA or other devs. I guess what I'm really asking is/will the gentoo-ci be packaged up for the gentoo community to use, on a small set of packages?

Is that idea too difficult at this time?
Is there even a glep, or standard or part of PMS that will allow the gentoo-ci solution to become a routine tool for all to use?

Alexander
berna...@gentoo.org

curiously,
James