Hanno Böck <ha...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I could add my voice that I ran pie by default for a while

I can confirm that the situation apparently has changed drastically
since my last attempt. My previous assertion is no longer valid:

Currently, I recompile world on x86 system with default pie,
so far with only one issue caused implicitly by clisp.
Afterwards, I will recompile world on amd64 and will report back
in case the situation should be very different.

> We have a tracker bug for default-pie-problems in bugzilla:

I reported the clisp issue and will report if I meet further.
At the time when this tracker bug was opened, I had so many issues
with default pie that I decided to switch it off since reporting
so much would have been too time-consuming for me.

I do not know what is the reason for this change. Perhaps the
first gcc versions with default pie had another bug.