W dniu śro, 16.08.2017 o godzinie 22∶07 -0700, użytkownik Daniel
Campbell napisał:
> On 08/10/2017 01:10 AM, Michał Górny wrote:

> > > Be nice!  No need to be bitchy here (and in the rest of your review).
> > > Nicolas is just trying.
> > >
> > > Me, as maintainer of Mutt, thought it was a good idea, because it allows
> > > people to easily have both installed at the same time, which in this
> > > interesting time for both projects is not a weird thing to have.
> >
> > I don't see how eselect helps that. People can just run neomutt by
> > typing... neomutt, right? It works without the symlink, right?
> >
> > > If there is a policy/move to get rid of eselect, then sorry, I am not
> > > aware of that.  I can live with a symlink USE-flag.  It doesn't seem
> > > very elegant to me, but it would work for this scenario.
> > >

> > The move is against orphaned files in /usr that are randomly changed by
> > runtime tools rather than the package manager.
> >

> Then how do we explain the reasoning for the other 50 or so eselect
> modules? No doubt at least a handful of them modify symlinks in /usr,
> and have similarly few options to choose from, such as eselect-vi.
> Should we remove those as well?

Mistakes of the past are no excuse to commit more mistakes. You should
know that because I had to repeat this many times. Some of the eselect
modules have been fixed since then giving major improvements (see:
eselect-opengl).

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny