> I don't mind calling ::gentoo as Gentoo's official ebuild repository,
> but it also has been "a portage tree", and "the portage tree" by
> default context. If you imply that people should change convention to
> something more PMS friendly, be explicit, and perhaps make it
> official, and the let them decide for themselves. Be fair at reminding
> that it has been there, but it's better be changed for PMS's sake.
> Don't make it look like the usage has always been wrong.

You may be surprised, but the word "Gentoo" doesn't even occur in the
main part (chapters 2 to 15) of the PMS document, except for one place
referring to "Gentoo's Catalyst tool".

Calling it "Gentoo repository" instead of "Portage tree" is purely a
matter of distro policy and has nothing to do with PMS.

Ulrich