On Wed, 2020-08-05 at 14:02 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please review the news item below:
>
> - I am not 100% happy with the title but the 50 char limit
>   doesn't allow any more details.

Yes, the title doesn't say a thing why would anyone want to read this
news item or not.

> - No Display-If condition because it is neither a genkernel nor
>   kexec-tools issue. We maybe even have additional packages
>   which are appending to kernel command-line I am not aware of.

Showing this news on all old and new Gentoo systems makes little sense.
 Either someone is newly affected, then Display-if should determine it,
or someone is *not* newly affected, then you're either telling him
something he already knows or something that is of little value to him.

News items should be precisely this -- news.  Not random pieces of
information you've just discovered and want to share with everyone.
 This is what documentation is about, and it should be in some kernel-
related piece of documentation (handbook?) and not scattered around
in news items.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny