On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 10:30:20AM +0000, waebbl-gen...@posteo.net wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 23:11:08 +0100
> Sam James <s...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Up for grabs because of inactivity.
> >
> > dev-python/pyside2 has several open bugs and a version bump pending.
> >
> > Needs some real love to tidy it up.
> >
> > Best,
> > sam
>
> Wouldn't it be applicable to put these packages under the umbrella of
> the Gentoo Qt project?

It still need someone to maintain it either way, qt@ is rather small
and Qt6 is likely to use up people's time already. Being m-n at least
make its current state clear (up to qt@ though).

> They're developed, published and hosted by the The Qt Company (in
> contrast for example to PyQt5 or QtPy) and are only python
> bindings for the Qt framework, although they're currently distributed
> in a separate tarball and not with the Qt tarball.

On a side-note I'll be adding PyQt6 to the tree once I can[1], but I
don't use pyside for anything and probably won't be looking at pyside6.

[1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/26504
--
ionen