On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 17:28:49 +0200
Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerl...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 29/07/2022 13:06, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 10:30:20AM +0000, waebbl-gen...@posteo.net wrote:

> >> Wouldn't it be applicable to put these packages under the umbrella of
> >> the Gentoo Qt project?
> >
> > It still need someone to maintain it either way, qt@ is rather small
> > and Qt6 is likely to use up people's time already. Being m-n at least
> > make its current state clear (up to qt@ though).
> >
> >> They're developed, published and hosted by the The Qt Company (in
> >> contrast for example to PyQt5 or QtPy) and are only python
> >> bindings for the Qt framework, although they're currently distributed
> >> in a separate tarball and not with the Qt tarball.
> >
> > On a side-note I'll be adding PyQt6 to the tree once I can[1], but I
> > don't use pyside for anything and probably won't be looking at pyside6.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/26504
>
> I've added myself as the maintainer of shiboken2 and pyside2(-tools). I
> also added shiboken6 and pyside6(-tools) (masked for testing).
> Unfortunately the latter is stuck on python3_10 only at the moment,
> adding python3_11 to this is a whole new can of worms.
>
> Help with these packages is most welcome. They are notoriously difficult
> and fragile.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrew

Thanks Andrew for taking care of these packages. Like I said, I'd be
happy to comaintain the packages and keep an additional two eyes on
them.

In my draft[1] for pyside6, I've also found the python 3.11
incompatibility and removed it for further investigation. However, what
I noticed, is, that upstream only has compatibility for python3 up to
3.10. Closing my draft, now that the package has been merged into the
tree.

[1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/26782

Best, Bernd