On Sun, 2023-03-26 at 21:39 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

To start with your last question since that is the most fundamental one
for me:

> So do we really remove packages because a 2nd-order test-only
> dependency
> fails it's own tests? (aruba:0 failing tests on Ruby 3 being the only
> reason I can see to remove stuff right now).

Yes, if you want packages to maintained by the Ruby team then they must
have working tests, and consequently the dependencies, including test
dependencies, must also have them. The test suites are the only thing
that makes it feasible to maintain a large number of ruby packages
without actually using them.

> Looking deeper, I think the <puppet-6 dep is wrong, because upstream
> CI
> tests on Ruby 3.1 + Puppet7 already successfully. The Gemfile doesn't
> lock in old Puppet either.
> https://github.com/voxpupuli/hiera-eyaml/actions/runs/4280324437/jobs/7451960271

Yes, it looks like any working "puppet" command is fine. I've updated
this to depend on either puppet-agent or puppet.

Kind regards,

Hans