Alex Boag-Munroe <ni...@qap.la> writes:

> Any reason for the parseable parts to not be in an established human
> readable/editable format? e.g. the config ini style format, or TOML?

The only issue really is that depending on how it's done (do we do
it for the whole file, or just comments), it may need a new (profile)
EAPI which will take a while to implement and deploy.

If it's just for comments, then we can do it immediately though.

> To crib from the OP example with something configparser understands:
> [PREAMBLE]
> Timestamp: 2023-09-21 15:07:42+00:00
> Author: Arthur Zamarin <arthur...@gentoo.org>
> Justification: Very broken, no idea why packaged, need to drop ASAP.
>     The project is done with supporting this package.
> Bugs: 667687, 667689
> Removal Date: 2023-10-21
> Packages: dev-lang/python
>
> The format is well documented already and simple to check for
> validity, so any GLEP would just need to cover correct keys/values.

But yeah, I agree it's worth thinking about a proper format rather than
fragile text mangling going into the future.