Hi, Continueing the discussion started by my last thread "CBUILD= HOSTCC=-gcc", I said I want to compile a cross compiler with a special name. I wanted i686-gentoo.edge-linux-gnu but it is possible to do just i686-pc-linux-gnu
I did this because crossdev creates some magic setting up things, and it is very handy. What I want is a way to keep few compilers environments. lets say: stable x86 compiler unstable x86 compiler few arm cross compilers. So when I create a distribution and an few month time I want the same exactly environment, to compile and upgrade few packages and be sure not to break anything, I want to keep those version of the compilers. I'll also need some way to have few forks of my initial system. lets say: emebedded board 1 - for customer A emebedded board 1 - for customer B (it is different than A, by time of creation and so by version of the compiler used). emebedded board 2 - for customer C Can we boost up crossdev, or I need to start hacking a distro_creator utility for gentoo? Regards, Kfir
