On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Peter Stuge <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kfir Lavi wrote:
> > What I want is a way to keep few compilers environments.
> > lets say:
> > stable x86 compiler
> > unstable x86 compiler
> > few arm cross compilers.
> >
> > So when I create a distribution and an few month time I want the
> > same exactly environment, to compile and upgrade few packages and
> > be sure not to break anything, I want to keep those version of the
> > compilers.
> ..
> > Can we boost up crossdev,
>
> No boosting neccessary. Just use crossdev with some explicit version
> numbers for all components, and you get excellent repeatability.
>
> Ok, lets say I create a special crossdev. I still get it in
/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu,
which is very generic.
Can't I have few compilers at a time?


> As for distro creater, I use catalyst to build a stage4 and stage5.
> Not sure how well that works for cross platform however, I only use
> on amd64 to build for various x86, and this may be a special case.
>
> I'll take a look on catalyst.
Can you refer me to a good introduction/manual ?
The gentoo page is not enough for me.


>
> //Peter
>
>

Reply via email to