Kfir Lavi wrote: > Ok, lets say I create a special crossdev. I still get it in > /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu, > which is very generic. > Can't I have few compilers at a time?
Doh! Good point. I don't have an answer for that one. > > As for distro creater, I use catalyst to build a stage4 and stage5. .. > I'll take a look on catalyst. > Can you refer me to a good introduction/manual ? > The gentoo page is not enough for me. Sorry, I don't know of any manual besides the web page and the man page. There are some examples in the package, I would suggest to just try to use them, and see what happens and how it works. Copy the example stage4.spec, edit, then run catalyst -f stage4.spec For embedded things I would seriously consider making a new profile. It may also be neccessary to make a copy of /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf and specify that with -c, in order to have special environment settings during the build. Some examples from my env file: export INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse" export VIDEO_CARDS="intel vesa" export CAMERAS="ptp2" export LINGUAS="en sv" export SANE_BACKENDS="plustek" export QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="i386" export QEMU_USER_TARGETS="i386" //Peter
