Ok, i was, yes, speaking about kde.

I will check out this Porthole :) I was actually thinking more about c++, but nothing against python -- i was quite a fan of python when i first found it.

I'm new to gentoo, so could you tell me, where i find some clear manual for doing the following:
* Download gentoo source of Porthole
* Change that source
* Build my version of it in such way that my portage tree is OK after that

Are --fetchonly and --usepkgonly somehow related to that?