Fabian Groffen wrote:
On 25-11-2006 03:00:10 -0500, Alec Warner wrote:
Fabian Groffen wrote:
Hi all,

Please find attached the patch of the prefix repoman sources against the
current trunk.  I hope I removed all hunks that have prefix-only
changes.
You realize I wrote generic SCM support into repoman over the summer right? :P It was never merged (afaik I slacked on it, but also because

Ehhhh no... probably because at that time I wasn't making my hands dirty
on portage code.

it uses Popen and you pesky OSX folks are stuck on python2.3, so I need to convert to portage.spawn).

You can drop that, as I already require python 2.4, since portage needs
at least 2.3.1 currently and I don't feel like checking with an older
version to see if it breaks more.  During bootstrapping I first install
python 2.4.  On a slightly related side note: you can also drop all your
bash-2 code, as we end up running bash-3 too.  Would only be nice if the
basic functionally would work with bash-2, otherwise I need to bootstrap
bash too.  (Worth the time if it simplifies portage.)

ZOMG, I love you long time.  *shudders at python 2.3*

However the support was generic, so for pretty much any system that 'is kinda like cvs/svn' should work fine with a few tweaks to the exec mapping. <bias>This of course excludes GIT, since it's a huge non-standard piece of crap.</bias>

Great!  I feel that SVN won't be the only thing folks use, so I'm
looking forward to your interface from a (hopefully) functional view
point.

I haven't actually tried the others, but the support should be trivial assuming they have similar commands and output (yay regex...oh wait, not quite yay :) )

I may work on fixing that code up and putting it into HEAD before I retire.

Ehhhh... what?  The first is nice, the latter for sure isn't.

We will see; I may stay on and do both, but I don't have a ton of time to work on stuff and it makes me feel guilty, hence trying to clean up loose ends around here.