On 3/1/08, Jonas Bernoulli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I was aware that the alternative package managers provide hooks for
>  some time now, but only found out recently that portage also has this
>  feature. Unfortunately I was not able to find any documentation about
>  it. I found some information related to hooks in portage on this list
>  and elsewhere but all of those sources assumed that the reader already
>  knows the basics.
>
>  So what I am looking for is a tutorial along the lines "howto write
>  you first portage hook function". Of course a more in-depth
>  description would also be welcome. If something like this already
>  exists I apologize for not searching enough, and kindly ask you to
>  point you to the location.
>
>  The earlies post about hooks on this list seam to be from 2005, so I
>  was a bit surprised I could not find any documentation about them. In
>  my opinion this should be documented in the handbook. I can only
>  assume that either no one found the time to write it or that hooks are
>  intentionally not documented to prevent users from messing things up
>  and then filling untraceable bug reports. So if later were the case I
>  would still be very thankful if you could answer me in private, even
>  though I think this should be documented in public.

Do not attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to laziness ;)

>
>  --Jonas
>
> --
>  [email protected] mailing list
>
>
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to