Hello

I just the hard masked evolution 1.4.0 package after upgrading gtk+ and
re-emerging my gtk-theme-engines.  Now, although it emerged perfectly I
have to say that after the wait for development on this new version I'm
thoroughly disappointed by it.  Here is some reasons.

(1) The user interface text/font is blurry.

(2) There are no visible noticeable or improvements to GUI.

(3) When I click on add new signature in the settings for my imap
account it crashes and quits.

(4) Although it claims to have only two running processes if you do a ps
-U <user> before and after running evolution you'll see that there are
many more.  Also, when you close evolution several of these processes
lie dormant or defunct.

(5) The very useful 'killev' script that was provided for evolution
1.2.x series to kill all dependent processes has been disposed off and
been replaced by an evolution --force-shutdown which still leaves
processes behind.  Also, this new command cannot be run at root as it
needs access to X.

It was my primary mail client but I will be looking to change now.

Any comments welcome.

With regards.