On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:35:43 -0700
Zack Gilburd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 30 June 2003 12:33 am, Gavrila wrote:
> > >
> > > <snippy>
> > >
> > > Please be careful with converting people... Linux is not for everyone. :)
> >
> > It should be, and I think we're very close. :)
> >
> > Regards.

Well i'm about 40 years and using Unix (solaris) for more than 15 years now, i have
used linux when Slackware 3 came out, and used it some times, trying Suse, RH and some
others. This year when i bought a new laptop, I dit the switch give up on windows, and
installd Gentoo, it hurt at start, but i can do now just the same as in windows and
mutch more !!.

The only 'problem' i got with Linux or should i say the community that there is no
standard or developers the keeping them, every dist uses /etc config files different,
and this was the most dufficult part of switching.
I think distro's like RH, Suse, and Mandrake are good for beginners but they should
use the config files all in the same way.

In September i'm starting to write a paper about switching a windows company to *nix
and opensource (for my degree).
Everything i shall write about, i'm going to try at home in my testlab, and place it
on my web-site so i can get some feedback from you all.

Patrick

--
 "Please, Spock, do me a favor don't say it's 'fascinating'." -- Dr. McCoy
 "No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock

 PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
 Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
 ICQ# 316932703
 Registered Linux User #44550
 http://counter.li.org