Hi,

I've been trying to install realplayer a hundred times and once the
installation has finished, I always get the error message:
"cannot open the audio device, an application may be using it"

Everything else works with my sound settings. I'm using the OSS drivers
(no alsa).

A truss shows that realplayer is trying to open a big number of times
/dev/sound/mixer and succeeds each time.

Anyone encountered this problem and has a solution?

Thanks,

LB

--
Louis-Benoit JOURDAIN                         Sun Microsystems / iPlanet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           SunONE Product Technical Support