Hmmm...so it doesn't take the SLOT into account when it's determining if
something is an upgrade or an install?  I guess that's why it thinks it's
upgrading from 2.2.0 to 1.0.5-r3 but it's really a new install.
Hmmm...interesting.  I'm going to try and do an install of one of the
dependency packages to verify that all works well and then do the real
full install of xine-ui and totem if it does.

Thanks for all your help!

--Jason

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, brett holcomb wrote:

> It means that this version will go in what it calls SLOT
> 1.  It's a way for Gentoo to install different versions of
> the same package such as Gnome.  They coexist on the
> system.
>
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:07:02 -0400 (EDT)
>   "Jason A. Pfeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Hrm...What does the SLOT="1" in gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r3.ebuild
> >mean?  I'm still
> >a little new to gentoo.  I've only be using it for a few
> >months now.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >--Jason
> >
> >On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, brett holcomb wrote:

Jason A. Pfeil                           811 Harbor Winds Dr.
                                         Jacksonville, FL  32225
                                         jason=at=jasonpfeil.com.NOSPAM