On Thursday 21 August 2003 15:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Your
>
> '/usr/bin/crontab' should be owned by 'root:cron' with permissions
> '-rwxr-x---'

Hmmm, mine (which I haven't changed) has permission -rwsr-x--- and owned by
root:cron. Checking /var/spool/cron/crontabs/*, I find they have permissions
-rw------- and are owned by root:<user's group>.

Seems to me this is partially done to protect the user from directly editing
/var/spool/cron/crontabs/<username> which then of course would not take
effect until crond was restarted. Are you certain of what you wrote above?

Regards,
Jason