Hi Kai,

Thanks for your advice.

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 02:58, Kai Lindenberg wrote:

> > I use this RAID-0 box to test dual-boot OS, Win2K and Linux.  I
> > may encounter difficulty in this test.
>
> So, to use this os combination, you need an ataraid driver for
> windows compatibility. I don't know if there is a driver, but you
> may ask google. The stable gentoo-sources support the highpoint and
> promise raid feature only.

I have searched with google.com and posted to other lists.  The driver
in question is unavailable

> > After first installing Win2K and
> > coming to installing Linux the latter can't see the raid
> > controller but 2 drives.  Gentoo will be installed on the 1st
> > drive leaving the 2nd drive empty.  If no solution found I have
> > to remove the raid driver/feature only using it as ATA133
> > controller because the motherboard only supports ATA33.
>
> IIRC, there is the possibility to have direct software RAID in at
> least one win version, so you can habe different RAIDS on different
> partitions.

What is "IIRC"?

Whether you meant after booting up the CD I issue following command at
prompt

# gentoo md

Can gentoo see a single hard drive and Win2K partition as well, not 2
hard drives?

- snip -
> > Where I can find en ebuild, on the CDs downloaded or from Gentoo
> > website?
>
> these documents are not especially for gentoo, you can find them
> with google (keywords: ataraid howto)

Noted with thanks

B.R.
Stephen