Hi Stephen,

Am Dienstag, 2. September 2003 17:31 schrieb Stephen Liu:
> This is my first time installing Gentoo.
>
> Hardware Config.
> RAID-0 (Z-Cyber ATA133 RAID)
> Drive-A:  Connected to 1st slot of RAID controller
> Drive-B:  Connected to 2nd slot of RAID controller

[...]

> I did following steps;
> 1)Booting up the PC with CD#1
> 2)At prompt
> # gentoo md
> cdimage root# fdisk -l
>
> Disk /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/disc: 40.0 GB

[...]

> Disk /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc: 40.0 GB

[...]

> Why it is not a single hard drive, instead 2 drives being seen.
>  One drive is of Linux system and another Win95 FAT32 (LBA)
> system.

Hey, you answered this question by yourself....

1. This is not a "real" hardware raidcontroller, so you always see
all connected drives, maybe the windows driver hides them.

2. You don't see an additional "drive" because you have no module
for the linux kernel. Try to find a silraid driver patch for your
kernel, maybe the latest vanilla kernel supports it, the latest
stable 2.4.20-gentoo-r6 doesn't.

Kai