Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:

Rumors are that this will be the more stable version of the last 2.6 series.
What do you think about ?

It's simplistic but I would say every release of the kernel ought to be more stable than the previous one. After all, the Changelogs are very long and full of patches. Those patches are bound to be doing good. On a more practical side, I never had even one problem with 2.6 kernels... I think I started around 2.6.5 though and mostly ran them extensively in server roles without major stress. My user experience is all positive

Eugene.