Hi, I have a decent desktop with gentoo, and an old and slow Pentium-266Mhz notebook, where I would like to install Gentoo.

Can anyone suggest me how to use my fast processor to do the installation, perhaps mounting a drive using NFS and doing a chroot, so the installation does not take a whole month? I'm concerned that if I follow the guidelines for the installation like this, the packages might be compiled for the current processor (athlon) instead of the old pentium (586), or pick some hardware features from the new machine and install binaries that will finally not work.

Thanks,

Ezequiel Tolnay